A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Mission accomplished!

So for the past month, I had been working on a gift for my niece's 18th birthday. I wanted to do something special and thought of making her an album but since she's my sister's step-daughter I haven't known her for her whole life and that made it a little difficult to round up some pictures. She's best friends with my other niece and they're in the same grade and what not so I came up with the idea of an altered clipboard about the two of them being best friends/family. I stressed so much about this project. Searching for the perfect paper to coordinate with the colors of her room, searching for the perfect pictures. Taking the pictures to CVS three times because the stupid Kodak Picture Maker was broken every time I went. I even made her a card from the same materials as the clipboards. I worked on it up until the night
before and finished the card that morning (although the ink would not dry completely on the chipboard flowers-not sure why this happened). But anyways, I got to give her the gift at her party yesterday. She cried when she opened it and I thought "Mission Accomplished". My two nieces are so lucky to be family and friends and want them both to cherish this relationship for the rest of their lives. Now, only if I could figure out how to get the pictures of the gift off the digital camera. I'm still working on that one. But for now I'll just post the pics that I used.

So this was the main photo for the 12x12 clipboard. The Birthday Girl is on the right.












And then I did two 4x4 clipboards with the next two photos.











So, all in all I'm thrilled that I actually thought of a creative gift and followed through this time. As for my other niece I have until September to finish her gift. I'm making her a 5x7 album of bits and pieces of her life. And I'm actually almost done with it. Now, only if I could find time to scrapbook my own kids. That's been a tough one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home