A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That

Monday, June 26, 2006

A few hours to myself...

So, I got a chance to get out of the house yesterday for a few hours (without the kids). My SIL and I went to AC Moore for a Scrapbook Celebration. It was held from 1-5pm. They had raffles, demonstrations and make & takes. And the best part - it was all free! Gotta love free stuff :) We only stayed for about an hour though. It was jam packed with scrap happy people and I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the overall flow of it. Reasons being #1 When you first walked in they asked you to fill out slips for the raffles and one of them had a survey about if you liked the Celebration and what improvements you would like made - Well hello?!!!! I just walked through the door, how am I supposed to critique something if I haven't seen any of it yet? And reason #2 The "Intructors" were not at all helpful at the make & take stations. It was rushed and there was not nearly enough table space. A lot of the customers were beginner scrapbookers and I think they should have had more of a step-by-step process to follow. I guess I just expected more from it - but like I said it was free. I did think the demonstrations were pretty good. I got to see the Xyron die cutter & the Cricut in action. Oh I so want a Cricut but the Xyron definitely seems more portable and more affordable. But to have a Cricut...
The possibilites are endless. So, does anyone have $300 to give me so I can purchase it? Oh yeah and I forgot to mention the cartridges are $90. I think that's the only downfall - a little on the pricey side. Maybe I can talk hubby into getting it for me for Christmas but can I wait that long? Wishful thinking! Although I could use the 40% off coupons they have in the sale flyers. Gotta love those:)

So, which one would you like to own? The Xyron...Or the Cricut...
So, even though it was free to attend the Celebration, I just couldn't leave w/out purchasing at least a little something... And they did hand out 50% off coupons. Being on a tight budget, I knew I had to control myself and I managed to only spend $10! Can you believe it? And this is what I got: 3 stamp pads for $2, Heidi Swapp preppy pink tape








And Making Memories Jigsaw Alphabet

Pretty good deal I thought - plus my SIL let me use her 50% off coupon too because everything she purchased was already on sale. Such an added bonus!

So, just a few hours I was gone and when I returned home, my girls were bouncing off the walls. I don't know what my hubby did to get them all wound up but it took me forever to calm them down. And my 3 yr. old didn't nap either - super cranky!!!! I thought for sure she was not going to make it through dinner. But it made an early bedtime which is not typical for my girls. They just don't sleep - ever. They're up late, they're up throughout the night (we play musical beds) and they're up bright & early. I need like a week vacation just to catch up on some Zzzz's. So, now it's Monday and I have a ton of laundry and cleaning to do. Oh how I hate Mondays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home