A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Time flies!

So, where did the weekend go? I blinked and it was over. Thankfully it was enjoyable. As soon as hubby got home Saturday, I had to run some errands. I helped my dear mother stuff some goodie bags for her annual 4th of July gathering. She is super cute with the goodies :) Then it was off to the grocery store. I hate the grocery store on Saturdays. It is a mad house there. Sunday was a much needed
family day. Hubby & I packed up and took the girls to his parents house. They are at the Cape for the week so we had their pad all to ourselves. The girls played on the swing set and helped daddy wash the car. I can't wait to get those pics back! It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun just being together without the phone ringing, and the normal everyday interruptions. We came home Monday morning. I had some baking to do for my parents party and laundry to catch up on. And as for the 4th of July - it was a blast. My parents throw a great party every year. We managed to still have a ton of fun even with the hot, humid and off & on rainy weather. Lots of food. Steamers, fritters, chowder, burgers, dogs, salads. And the desserts, oh my god. I'm still full. The games are great and hopefully I'll get to participate one year if I hire someone to take the pictures. lol. I really do enjoy watching everyone else. And although I missed my darling little Emma and her Daddy win the egg toss (that's right - my 3 yr. old won the egg toss), I did get to help Abby in the potato sack race. She was so funny, saying hop, hop everytime I picked her up to jump. I couldn't stop laughing. We came in last. lol. I let the other kids beat us. But shhh... don't tell. They were super happy about it! So, here are just a few pics that I took with the digital. The rest I will be getting developed.








































And last but not least, since fireworks are illegal in good ol' Massachusetts, my brother found something that would keep us entertained for at least a little while. All I have to say is, I don't recommend having Diet Coke and Mentos for a snack. :) Hope everyone had a happy 4th!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Denise said...

Ok the diet coke and mentos thing is WAY COOL! How do you do it??
your girls are so CUTE!!!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home