A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That

Monday, July 31, 2006

A few days late...

Well, I know I'm a few days late w/ the results but it's good I promise. :) We had the apt. inspected on Thursday and although we don't have the "official" results it looks good. Lead was found in the windows but all from the exterior of them, so if I keep them closed we're o.k. The only window I have to worry about from the inside is the bathroom. We always keep the blinds closed for that window, so the girls have never been tempted to try to look out of it anyways. In the meantime I can tape it up with duct tape the inspector said. She also found lead in 3 of the 4 closets in the bedrooms. The one that is lead free is in Abby's room - thankfully. Then there was lead in the ceiling and window in the back hall to exit out the side of the house. We never use this exit anyways so this poses no immediate danger to the girls. The rest of lead that was found is on the exterior of the house, around the windows and doorways. All and all I think it's not as bad as I feared. I feel so much safer now that I know where the lead is. My aunt & uncle said this will be fixed very soon. My uncle is in the process of finalizing the sale of his mother's house. So, they will use the money from the sale to cover the deleading and will install new windows. The only other hassle will be having to move out while the apt. is being deleaded and the whole packing up everything we own, putting it in the middle of the rooms so that it can be covered w/ special tarps. This is so the lead dust won't be spread onto our belongings. A total pain but will be so worth it in the end. I know I will still worry until Abby has her lead level recheck on the 18th of August. But I'm feeling much safer now and calmer.

On a lighter note - we had the garage sale. Saturday was a huge success. Yeah, good to have some extra cash. I didn't get to help out much on Saturday but was there all day Sunday. Too bad Sunday was a total bust!!!! Oh well, but I did manage to sell the most stuff. And we're planning another one just on a Saturday this time. We're hoping to have it in a few weeks. Still have a ton of stuff we would like to get rid of. I would have taken some pics but the batteries died in the digital. Oh well, it wasn't really exciting anyways. But maybe next sale I'll make sure those batteries are well charged! Well happy Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home