A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Does it ever end?

So, the girls have been sick again. Abby started on Tuesday afternoon. Out of nowhere at 3pm she had a 102.1 fever. I'm starting to wonder about this. Never any other symptoms just fever. The heat and humidity here has been awful. Been staying inside and keeping the girls as comfortable as possible. To make matters worse Abby threw up all over the two of us Tuesday night. Poor Rob got to clean up the mess while Abby and I took a bath to get cleaned up. And then of course her fever spiked again right after the bath. Emma started w/ the fever Wednesday morning. She was completely fine until around 9am and she fell asleep watching Little Bear on t.v. Sure enough, I felt her forehead and she was burning up. I checked her temp and it was 102.6!!!! What is going on?!!! My mom thinks it had something to do w/ them going swimming at a friends house over the weekend. Can you really get sick just from going swimming? Rob had taken them while I worked at the garage sale on Saturday afternoon. Other than the fevers they're o.k. It was Rob's birthday yesterday. He's 32 now. We had a small cake - just the four of us. The girls got him a huge bag full of his favorite munchies - peanuts, slim jims, spicy sausage stuff. He loved it. And we'll be going out to eat and the movies for his birthday. That's planned for the 12th - it was the soonest I could get a sitter for the girls. We so desperately need a night out together. Can't wait. Abby's feeling much better this morning. All she's wanted to do for the past two days is watch Strawberry Shortcake videos. She's so darn cute. I love Strawberry Shortcake so I'm not complaining. Emma's still sleeping at the moment. Poor thing still has a fever. Still going to take it easy today. Had a killer rain storm last night. Didn't do much to cool things off but it'll be a little less hot today. They're saying just in the mid 90's. As far as the lead issue goes, we got the report back - it pretty much just states exactly what the woman told us when she was here. My aunt has already faxed it to a couple of different companies to get estimates. She'll be setting up appts. for the them to come see the house as soon as they review the reports. Just waiting to hear back from them now. Things are looking pretty good. I should probably start taking everything off my walls - less to do later I guess. Still finding stuff to sell at another garage sale. Ahhhh... Clean Sweep, so nice to finally be able to "let go" of some stuff. I can't wait until I can hang up new pictures in the house. Pictures of the family - that's the plan. That's the kind of art I would like on my walls. Still planning it out in my head. Maybe I'll even make some scrapbook pages to frame. That's a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home