A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That

Friday, April 20, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy making a mess, lol.

For weeks now I've been sulking over our only "spare" room. It's like the catch all for everything that we don't know what to do w/. It's also the computer room, my scrap room, the room where presents are hidden for bdays and holidays. To sum it up it's pretty much a disaster. Last night, I just lost it and started to organize everything. I really want to be able to scrap more in here and I want the girls to be able to do crafts too. I don't want my husband to lose "his" space either. It's the only room that I let him decorate, lol. So although, the walls are covered w/ his sports memorabilia, nothing else in the room is his! We really can't afford to remodel the room so he wants me to use what we have and make it work as best as possible. It is now an even bigger mess than before I started.

The view from the door.


One corner of the room.


Along the wall.


The kids table.



Pretty bad, huh? So, as you can see I need to hire a professional organizer but I'm not allowed to spend a dime on this room so that would be a big no no. I love the kitchen island that my sister gave me - I've had it since last year around this time. She didn't need it anymore and I like to stand while I scrapbook so it was perfect. Thank you Megan :) I used to have it in the corner of the room but whenever the girls were in the room my back was always turned to them. I didn't like that. And then at night - the lighting is horrible in here so where I stood was pretty much blocking the ceiling light we have. Rob did say that we could look into a new light though :) That's definitely on the to do list. Now, the girls are using a coffee table right now as a desk. No chairs really work w/ it and I hate how low it is but the window is right there and I really can't go too high. I'm wondering if we can somehow raise it a little and I can maybe buy a couple kid chairs to put there. I have this "vision" in my head but it would require me to buy all new stuff so I have to kind of forget about the "vision" and just wing it. Anyone want to come over and help rearrange the room 100 times until I find what works? Yeah, I don't want to do it either but it's been eating away at me for weeks now. Unfortunately, Rob will be away this weekend. They need to get the trailer "vacation ready" at the Cape. Trim the bushes, mow the lawn, make sure the winter weather didn't damage anything too badly. I have a couple gal pals coming over Sunday and would really like to do some scrapbooking - but I don't think I'll be able to clean up this mess in a day, lol. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Oh, and as for the magic show - Emma really enjoyed it and Abby could have cared less. It was cute and my nephew Drew got to help Fran the Magician Extraordinaire. Emma was sad because she didn't get to help - which is hysterical because she is so shy she probably wouldn't have gone up if he called on her anyways. She kept asking me when it was her turn, lol. I didn't take many pictures because I had some toddlers that kept walking right in front of where we were sitting but I managed to snap a few when Drew was helping Fran. He looks so scared but he was more annoyed because the bell he was supposed to ring when we said the magic words didn't work for him - of course it was a trick bell. I don't think he understood that, lol.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home