A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That

Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm 29 years old today.

So, yep it's my birthday. I'm 29 years old and yep I feel old. I never thought I would feel old at 29 - it's really not that old so what's my problem? I woke up this morning to find little notes hanging around the house. My husband wrote Happy Birthday on all of them. Some in the doorways, one on the microwave - I took some pictures and when I loaded them on the computer I noticed the microwave one had 3 0f 29 written on the bottom. Got me thinking -are there really 29 notes hanging around the house somewhere and then I noticed the J.K. on this one.


I had to go back and read the bottom of each note to see what # was on them and I couldn't find #4 for the life of me and then I found it in my purse. Made me smile at least - gave me & the girls a little scavenger hunt this morning. Thankfully there wasn't 29 of them (I think there are only 7 total, including the Just Kidding one). It would probably have taken me all day to find 29. Who knows maybe I'll find more later. Rob is such a goof. So, no real plans - not for today anyways. Still need to do laundry and dishes - a housewife's job is never done, lol. My sisters are taking me out this Saturday - out to eat & a movie. A girls night out - that'll be fun. We haven't done that since I was pregnant w/ Emma (make note Emma is 3). Rob wanted to do the same thing like we did w/ his birthday but the way the weekends are lately - it won't be until October that we get to go out. Something to look forward to.

Well, I got to scrapbook over the weekend! Yeah! I went to the crop on Saturday and I had a blast. Got to meet a new friend from Scrapjazz. Kim's a sweetheart. Amazing how the internet can connect you to people you would have never met otherwise. I only got 5 pages done but I'm so thrilled about them. I haven't worked on stuff for my girls in a long time - been too busy making gifts for others. And then I just got overwhelmed w/ the whole chronological order thing. I'm not doing that anymore. I brought recent pics from this year w/ me and I had so much fun working on current stuff. I'll eventually do the other ones, but in order to have fun and have it not seem like a chore, I need to work on stuff that strikes me at the moment. I'll put them in order on another day. So, now I need somewhere to keep them. I need to buy a new album (not a Creative Memories album which is mostly what I have now). I'm sick of having to trim all of my 12x12 paper. I do have a pink 12x12 album that I was going to store the pages in until I get a family album and do you know I still have to trim the page!!!! I could have screamed last night. Not to mention, I thought if I took the screws out of the album and took the pages out that somehow I would be able to get the page in the protector. Nice thought, still doesn't fit. So, any suggestions on a good album would be nice - please suggest!!! There was a woman at the crop that makes her own 12x12 albums. Both her & her mother stitch fabric on the covers and they use velcro to keep the pages together. It was definitely something to see - I need to get her website address from my LSS. The albums are $39 - a little expensive but I'm still thinking it's an option. I guess she has a ton of styles to choose from. She had said her son kept breaking the pages of the other albums and so her mom & her came up w/ this idea of the velcro. She has the protectors made from a company and they are a side load w/ a flap so the page doesn't fall out. After the stress of unscrewing my album last night, the velcro is sounding like a good idea. I'll let you know when I get the web address. Well, I guess that's about it for now. So, I'm off to do some chores and take care of the kiddos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home