A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A whirlwind of emotions...

Let me just say it has been an exhausting couple of weeks. I've have been so overwhelmed w/ emotions and frankly I'm so physically tired from it all. I don't even know where to begin w/ this posting. Let's start w/ Sadie. Sadie is doing well and had an ultrasound of her brain done last Thursday. Originally the doctors said that the frontal lobes of the brain were missing and this is why she wouldn't have been able to eat, or even breathe on her own. The ultrasound confirmed that the frontal lobes are there and working well. Sadie also had her hearing tested again and she has 60% hearing in one ear. The news just keeps getting better!!! I am so thankful to hear and even see how well she is doing. I attended her blessing at their Parish on Sunday. My mother accompanied me and it was a very emotional service. I felt honored to be a part of their community if just for a few hours. Tracy's husband Brett wrote a beautiful poem that was passed out before mass and it just brought everyone to tears. It was so touching. They also had a slideshow at the gathering held after mass. It was beautiful. Sadie is 27 days old today. A true miracle. I also gave Tracy 6 scrapbook pages on Sunday and explained who they were from and that there are many people from all over praying for their family. She was very touched and I can't wait to bring her some more. I have received 5 more already and that was just yesterday. I've never been so happy to get mail in my life. And to think, it's not even for me!!!! I couldn't have done any of this w/out the help of some wonderful ladies on SJ. I am truly grateful for their generosity. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics to share from the blessing - I forgot the digital but as soon as I have the others developed from my film camera I will post an updated pic of this beautiful little baby.
Last week we spent 4 days at the Cape. The weather could have been a little warmer but all in all it was a great 4 days. The girls got to play on the beach and walk in the bay. We collected sea shells and built sand castles. The town built a new playground right down the road from the trailor and the girls could not get enough of the slides. It was so nice to just sit and play w/ them and give them our full attention. No phone ringing, no emails to check, just the 4 of us. Just our family. We need to do this more often. If Rob only got more vacation time - that would be so nice. The nights were rough but we got through it and the girls didn't even want to leave when it was time to go. It's been crazy since we got back. I had to finish my niece Amanda's 18th birthday gift. I made her a 5x7 album of pieces from her life. Her party was on Saturday and I finished it Saturday morning. To think I started the album in February. I really must plan and finish these gifts sooner than that!!! She loved it and couldn't believe I made her an actual album. I'm thrilled she liked it so much. Then, on Sunday we had the blessing to attend for baby Sadie. By the time I got home, Rob told me Abby was napping and she had a fever. I was very thankful at that point that I didn't bring them w/ me. She's doing better now. Her fever got up to 103.8 yesterday and I called the doctor but they said it's probably just a virus and to keep pumping her w/ fluids and the tylenol. I'm just getting annoyed w/ why she's getting fevers so much lately. It seems like at least one a month and I'm not sure why. Maybe this is totally normal but I hate to see her feel this way. I'm looking forward to this weekend - I have a crop to go to so I need to start preparing for that. To get back to scrapbooking my own children - Yay!!! I really need to get moving on their albums. I haven't even started Abby's yet and Emma is only about 4 months old in hers. I have some major catching up to do!!! All in time, I suppose. I still have lots to catch up on so I should go do some of that! For now here are a few pics of our mini vacation!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home