A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That

Monday, April 30, 2007

The Monday blahs...

So, it's Monday and yes I hate Mondays as it is, but this Monday, it's dreary and cloudy and we're all sick w/ colds. Emma started last week (Wednesday I believe) and I just knew it would spread. Abby started on Friday. I thought my allergies were just acting up w/ the rain last week but on Saturday at the crop it just hit me real bad! So, Laura (the owner) was kind enough to stick a box of tissues next to me since I couldn't stop sneezing. I did manage to stay for the whole crop though. Then at 11:45pm, I was all packed up and ready to check out and I realized I didn't have my keys. It occurred to me that they were in my friend Michelle's car who thankfully just lived up the road. But I had to call home, wake up my husband to get her cell # because I didn't know it by heart, then call her and wake her up to unlock her car. Talk about feeling stupid. Sorry guys :( The keys were there, right in her back seat. Michelle - this is why I shouldn't have taken the ride w/ you to get your pictures, lol. Next time, please come prepared :) Ha, ha! And well, I'm happy that I actually scrapped 16 pages! That is a record for me!! I usually only manage to get 8 done, lol. I had a great time and even won a coupon for a free crop! Gotta love free stuff!

So, yesterday, my friend Tanya came w/ her husband to pick up the toddler bed for their daughter. I really needed to get it out of the old Nursery. Abby hasn't slept in it for about 6 months now and it was just taking up space. Believe it or not, her & Emma have been both sleeping in Emma's bed. I do want to get a trundle bed to fit under Emma's so they can share a bedroom - that's the plan. They are still too little for bunk beds in my opinion so I like the trundle idea better. Even w/ the sniffles yesterday, I was determined to at least straighten out the nursery and turn it into a playroom. The girls have so many toys, they're taking over every room in the house! I threw out some stuff and designated more for a yard sale later this summer. They still have a ton and their birthdays are a month away! Aaahhhh!!! I don't know why I find it so difficult to part w/ stuff. Rob just kept laughing at how frustrated I was trying to organize everything, lol. He kept saying, "get rid of it!" I told him as excited as I am that the girls are growing up, it's still sad to get rid of some of their stuff. He doesn't get it of course. He hates clutter - what was he thinking when he married me?!!! Actually, I was never this bad before we got married. Yeah, I kept cards and memorabilia. And since we've had kids, it's just gotten so much worse. I don't have such a hard time getting rid of my stuff, it's the girls stuff that kills me to get rid of it!!! I really need to come to terms w/ this issue or we'll be swimming in toys after their bday party. Clothes, people - my kids just need clothes, lol.
So, anyways, I did not want to get up this morning! Rob was so good last night - sent out for supper so I didn't have to cook, let me take NyQuil at 8pm and pass out on the couch. I have such a great life. Oh well - we're sick remember? Needless to say, I was not at all happy waking up to an almost 4 year old in my face yelling that she wants my spot on the couch and to get her some chocolate milk! I guess Emma's feeling better, lol. So, while she whines today (she's doing so as I type this), I will be blowing my rudolph nose and wiping snots off of Abby's. Oh the joys of Motherhood :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh noooo, I hope yall are feeling better soon.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home