A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Shhhh...

The girls are still sleeping :) Oh I know it's been over a week. I kept saying I couldn't wait for the nice weather to get here and look what happens - I don't have any time to blog! Well, we haven't been doing anything real exciting. Just blowing bubbles, taking walks, and drawing w/ chalk in the driveway. It's just been good to get outside. We can't play in the yard because my uncle is trying to plant grass - so we go to my parent's house to play a lot. Thankfully they live only 2 streets away - That's where there outdoor toys are anyways. I was hoping this would be the first year that we could play outside now that they've fixed up the place but man, does it take a long time for grass to grow, lol. Anyways, on Sunday we finally went to IParty and bought all the goodies for the girls bday party! Backyardigans of course :) $75 later we were leaving - you should have seen Rob's face! And that was after the 20% coupon I had for the whole purchase. It added up to around $90 something bucks! Geez! It's not cheap to throw a party anymore, is it?!!! Thankfully the girls were only born a day apart - if I had to do the twice a year, I'd be broke! I still haven't figured out what to buy them for presents either. My original idea was a water table. I'm not sure how much my landlords would like that if they're trying to plant grass, ha, ha! And of course, Emma keeps changing her mind about what she wants anyways. Rob said they'll be getting enough presents - why do we need to get them anything? Clearing throat here - CHEAPO! How can I not get them gifts?!!! Besides that, we usually give them the gifts on their actual bdays! It's easier that way, we recognize their bdays on the actual days and it gets them excited for the party that weekend. Oh we also have a graduation the day before the party for my cousin. Next month is going to be real rough, too. We have Father's Day, 3 bdays, our anniversary (5 yrs!), and 2 more graduations. Yup, I'm broke. I don't think I need to say that I have a big family, huh? Oh well, I'll just keep pinching those pennies!

So last Friday, I took the girls to a Family Fun night at the Middle School a town over from us. The Girl Scouts sponsored it and my niece is in the Girl Scouts so they invited us :) Well, I probably shouldn't have gone, lol. I can laugh about it now but let me tell you my oldest dd embarrassed me like I've never been embarrassed before! They were waiting in line to get their faces painted and they were showing soooo much patience. I was oh so proud :) Only one lady was painting the kids faces and well, needless to say it was taking forever................................
So, a nice young girl volunteers to help out - So sweet I thought. She couldn't do what some of the older kids in front of us wanted (snakes) but she took a few for butterflies and hearts. Nice girl. Her Mom was proud. And then, it was Emma's turn. Oh no - wouldn't even look at the girl. I was like "C'mon honey it's your turn - she can paint a rainbow on your face". So, I walked them over near her chair and Emma wouldn't sit in it. O.k. she's being shy I thought. I picked up Abby and plopped her in the chair w/ no problems. Abby was content as can be. What do you want Abby? "Yeah" she says. O.k., a flower or a heart? "Yeah" she says. O.k.- do a flower - what colors pink & blue? "Yeah". She's sooooo easy to please sometimes. It was really cute. So, Abby's all done and it's Emma's turn - I tell her to sit down so the girl can paint her rainbow. She's just staring at me and then says "No! Not her! I don't like HER!" I wanted to crawl in a hole about then. I firmly told her to sit down and let the nice girl paint a rainbow on her face or we're leaving. So, Miss Emma decides to whine and point to the other lady! My kid's going to be 4 right? Is this normal? I was not happy. I repeated what she needed to do and she wouldn't listen so I grabbed her hand to leave. She started sobbing and screaming and well by this time another kid was in the chair. Thankfully my sis-in-law was there and I asked her to grab Abby and I just picked Emma up and carried her all the way to the car... Kicking and Screaming . You'd think I was killing the kid. I got some stares and of course the sympathy looks - thanks for the sympathy looks - you know that's from the people that have been there, done that!

Well, guess who's awake? Yeah not just one of them - both of them. Emma wants to know why she has lines on her skin and Abby's calling them boo boo's. Ha, they're cracking me up. Well, let me share a cute little pic of Abby before I go - Emma was still screaming and crying to Daddy when we got home so no picture of her, lol.




She's holding a card she made at the scrapbooking booth. Oh and you can't see in the pictures but her pinkies are painted purple w/ nail polish. There was a nail painting room (omg the fumes!) and the girls wanted their fingernails painted. Unfortunately, Abby doesn't keep her hands out of her mouth so the Lady asked if she could at least paint her pinkies - Yeah, sure why not. Then Abby was pointing to another one of her nails and the lady asked her "If I paint the other nails, are you going to put them in your mouth?" And Abby replied "Yeah." Ha, ha - not the right answer. She was good about it when the woman told her that she couldn't paint them then. Too funny :) I told Abby we could paint her toe nails the next day but she won't let me - She's all weirded out about people touching her toes. She hates it when I have to cut her toe nails too. But, she's o.k. w/ the tickles and playing footsies. So cute! Oh and Emma got her nails painted green?!!! Ha, ha!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'eeeer backyard friends, the Backyardigans! I'm sad I don't get to watch it anymore. You're on par for birthday party pricing, can't wait to see the pictures. Didn't get a chance to get over to my Mom's this week, but I haven't forgotten.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home