A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That

Monday, August 28, 2006

"It felt good to hold a miracle"

This came out of my mother's mouth on the way home from meeting baby Sadie Grace. And I can't get it out of my head. So well put. I did not want to put this little baby down!!! She is so tiny & petite, a true miracle. It was a very emotional visit. I got to see the 7x7 album of Sadie's ultrasounds that Tracy made before she gave birth to Sadie. Tracy said to me "I didn't think I would need a bigger album". She then said how she already has over 300 pictures of this precious little girl and is very anxious to start a 12x12 scrapbook for her. I can't imagine how she is going to do this. Her husband goes back to work tomorrow and her 3 boys are starting school. I want to help the family out so much and every idea I could think of was pretty much impossible. Tracy's husband Brett and their 3 sons all have food allergies, so there was no way I could help w/ sending meals and so I thought about helping w/ the shuttling of kids to & from school but they live about 40 minutes away and I have 2 of my own who are still in carseats so pretty much no room in my vehicle. I thought about helping w/ laundry & cleaning but Tracy informed me that her husband hired a cleaning lady to come to the house. And all I could think of was how Tracy kept talking about Sadie's scrapbook when I spoke w/ her. I know this means so much to her to get these happy & thankful memories into an album. So, I decided to make her a pre-made page for Sadie's album. That way Tracy wouldn't have to fuss so much w/ the creative side of scrapbooking and wouldn't have to take too much time away from Sadie. She holds Sadie night & day and this baby is never put down!!!! The doctors said how it is easier for Sadie to breathe in an upright position and this will put less stress on her heart. I knew Tracy wouldn't have time to do this scrapbook by herself and I could only make so many pages too. Then I got to thinking about the scrapbook website I belong to and all the talented ladies that are on there. So, I asked for help and so far 9 wonderful, talented, thoughtful, generous women are helping me make pages for Sadie's scrapbook. I am so touched by their generosity. I can't thank them enough for their kindness. I've always wanted to make a difference in someone's life. I really think w/ the help of these ladies that Tracy will be so overwhelmed w/ love knowing that there are people in this world that she doesn't even know that are thinking about her family and her precious daughter. I'm simply overjoyed w/ emotion. I will be real busy working on this project for Tracy & Sadie but I will update as much as I can. But before I go, let me introduce you to baby Sadie Grace...

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

what a beautiful gift she is! I can't imagine how busy life will be-- but somehow it will all come together. I am sure she appreciates your thoughtfulness even if it didn't work out.

ck

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! So tiny and perfect :)

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home