A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That

Monday, May 14, 2007

Unexpected Delight

So, yesterday was Mother's Day and well judging from past Mother's Days, I wasn't expecting anything to make me smile. In fact since Saturday, I was under the impression that my dh was working Sunday morning. Needless to say he was in the dog house from the minute on! I'm not a materialistic person. It's the little things that matter to me. Being able to sleep in would have been nice - but no he got to do that. Having someone make me breakfast would have been nice - but no he took a shower and I was starving, so I made myself a bagel. I gave the girls breakfast and washed the dishes. Sounds like a great Mother's Day huh? He asked if I was taking a shower anytime soon and I said "I thought you were going to work." But he nicely stated that he'd wait until after I showered. Geez, thanks. So, I took advantage of it and took a nice long, leisurely shower. No kids yelling through the door or coming in every 2 seconds to bug me. It was very nice to be able to shave w/out having to rush or having any interruptions. Yup, I'm taking my time Mr. Well, I honestly didn't expect this when I opened the bathroom door.

That sneaky husband of mine, hurried up, through sandals on the girls, and took them down the street and had them pick me out some flowers. He actually asked Emma which one to get and she said "the big one daddy!" That's my girl! Although I was still mad for him lying to me about going to work - the big jerk! I hate being mad at him and this time he did it on purpose! I really did like the flowers though, so after I got ready, I had him take pics of me & my girls. This is the best one.

Funny thing is I'm not really into flowers, but this really made my day. I especially liked the watering can in it and there was this butterfly made out of green leaves. So cute.

And of course, I just love the picture Emma made for me!

So, we made our rounds to the in-laws to give my mil her gift and stayed for a couple hours, then headed over to my parents house to see my mother. They both loved the scrapbook pages I made for them from the girls. I have to say this was the best Mother's Day yet! Now, if I could only get my dh to surprise me w/out making me mad at him first... Oh and here's a pic of me & my mom. It didn't come out that great but what are you gonna do?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely surprise!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home