A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

You've got to be kidding me!!!

My girls are sick - again. I'm hoping it's just allergies. Abby started on Sunday w/ the runny nose and now Emma this morning. Didn't they just get over being sick?!!! The weather has been crazy and I've been having a lot of sinus headaches over the weekend so I'm hoping it's just allergies. Their bdays are this week!!! They can't be sick for their bdays! Maybe we just did too much last week- wore them out the little buggers. We spent Thursday hangin' out at my Mom's and Friday I had an old friend from High School over. Her dd is 13 months old. So cute. She had a runny nose though - so maybe the girls do have a cold. This sucks. On Saturday, we went to my sis-in-law's for the afternoon and we stayed for supper. The girls just love playing w/ their cousins. And of course, I got my baby fill :) Kendra is getting so big so fast. There was a pic of her on their fridge from when she was born - amazing how much she's grown and changed since Valentine's Day. Yup, she's a Valentine's Baby :) I held her pretty much the whole time I was there. And she was so cute, smiling at me and cooing. Ahhh... a baby. Emma really loved being around her too. Rachel was sooooo good to Emma. Painting and making clay sculptures w/ her. Rachel is definitely Emma's favorite person to be w/. She was just following her around the whole time we were there. I love watching them play together. I really thought Emma & Madison would be closer since they are closer in age but Madi plays much better w/ Abby than w/ Emma. Emma likes all the artsy stuff like Rachel so they just click. They so did not want to come home Saturday night. I still think it's a little too soon for a sleepover. They're both still afraid of Mandy's boyfriend so I can't picture them actually sleeping over there yet. It takes them a good hour to warm up to Mandy too. It was a good day though. And then on Sunday, Abby started w/ the runny nose. Madi called me and asked what we were doing. It was so cute. They usually go to Wright's Chicken Farm every Sunday but the girls didn't want to go. They wanted to come play w/ Emma & Abby. Warned Mandy about Abby maybe coming down w/ a cold but she didn't care so the girls came over. We sent out for pizza. And they threw a "surprise party" for each other. No pics, sorry. I'm actually kind of pictured out lately - does that ever happen to you? Just not in the mood to pull out the camera. I think I'm getting overwhelmed w/ all the pics I already have. I'm running out of room. And well, I still haven't developed any since Easter. Not sure where I'd put them, lol. That's why I signed up for a "Use up your stash" (no buying) challenge on SJ. I need to scrap 50 pages before I purchase new stuff. Can I do it? I hope so. I've only done 6 layouts and 4 cards so far. I need to get my butt in gear! I'm working on 2 layouts for the LSS but I'm kind of stuck on one. I did one for Graduation. Weird pulling out pics from over 10 yrs ago. I think it came out pretty good though. I kept it pretty simple. Here it is:


The other one is for an "All About Me" layout. It should focus more on the journaling about yourself than the actual layout. I'm having a tough time w/ this one - I don't know how she talked me into doing it! It's hard to write about yourself when, well, you don't really know who you are anymore. I remember being so sure about myself back in the day - when I was 18 yrs. old and thought I knew everything. lol. But, I've been kind of struggling these past few years. Being married and then having kids right away. It was really tough and well, rocky for a while. It'll be 5 yrs. this June that we've been married. I've always wanted this but I feel like somehow I lost myself through it all. Kind of hard to explain. I need to just keep the layout fun & light hearted. Don't want to share too much w/ the people looking at it at the store. My mug is on the page so they would definitely know it's about me! We'll see what I can come up w/. I'm running out of time though. I will be counting the graduation one towards the challenge - I did get the paper for free but the flower is from my own stash - so in my opinion that counts! So, now I guess I'm up to 7 layouts! Oooooh - I'm making progress, ha, ha!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, it happens that way, my kids go through spells where they just can't shake the sniffles. Hope all is well.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home